I was so excited when I saw that NYX was becoming more and more readily available in the UK. I had tried a few products from the brand in the past and some of their products (their blushes and jumbo eye crayons) had truly won me over. When I saw these adorable little eyeshadows, I got extremely excited – I mean, aren’t they just adorable? They’re called the NYX Prismatic Shadows, and are designed to give your eyes an extra sparkle with a highly pigmented metallic lustre. They come in MAC sized pans with cute silver lids fastened with little bow that make that satisfying ‘click’ every time you shut them. I love how the lid is transparent so you can easily see the shade through it as well – not to mention, the shade names are absolutely adorable.
I have six to share with you today: Frostbite, Golden Peach, Liquid Gold, Fireball, Punk Heart and Bedroom Eyes.
First of all, the texture of these is like butter. They are so soft, almost molten, and are incredibly dense in pigmentation (see swatches). I’ve found that they apply best with your finger straight to your lid and then buffed out with a good fluffy shadow brush like the Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer Brush. They wear beautifully throughout the day, and I’ve found that they wear even better with a good eye primer underneath. There’s a really gorgeous shade range, and I definitely will be trying out some of the other shades now that I’ve fallen in love with the formula. They’re priced at £5 each and are available at Boots or ASOS.
I’ve been trying them out for the past few weeks and seeing how each colour wears and looks – and I’m very impressed so far. Here are the colours I’ve got in a little more detail:
- Frostbite – a white opalescent shade with a subtle blue sheen. It’s the kind of shadow Elsa would wear as an inner corner highlight.
- Golden Peach – as the name suggests, it’s a peachy toned shadow with golden shimmer running through it. Definitely perfect for the summer months, and one of my favourites from the bunch.
- Liquid Gold – a deep copper toned gold. This reminds me of Lorac’s ‘Gold’ shadow in the Pro palette, it’s so soft and creamy. You need this if you love all things golden.
- Fireball – a rusty orange with red opalescence. A serious dupe for Mac’s Coppering – even better, in my opinion. Another favourite of mine, particularly for the summer months.
- Punk Heart – a plum purple with a burnt red shimmer. This is the most unique colour that I’ve got from the range – perfect as a more ‘out-there’ crease colour or for running along the lash line.
- Bedroom Eyes – a chocolate brown metallic. Very sultry, and perfect blended out for a perfect summer brown smoky eye.
From left to right:
Bedroom Eyes, Punk Heart, Fireball, Liquid Gold, Golden Peach, Frostbite
I highly recommend these to anyone looking for high quality, affordable shadows which give the most stunning colour payoff. They really are some of the best shadows I’ve found yet! I’m keen to try more from NYX so let me know if you have any specific recommendations on what I should try next in the comments below.
Have you tried the NYX Prismatic Shadows?