I’ve never done this sort of post before but I thought it was time that I did. Some of my favourite posts to read on other blogs are little life updates or positive things that they’ve been experiencing and want to share (I guess that just means I’m nosy, but aren’t we all?!). So today I’m sharing five things that have been going on in my life – aside from blogging, of course!
1. I had to defer two assignments for my course at university to do over the summer so the next few weeks are packed full of researching and essay writing for me! This means that my grand plan to blog every day of August isn’t possible (something I was genuinely so excited about, I’m gutted). I do want to try and do a ‘blog every day of the month’ challenge at some point this year though, so I’ll keep you updated on that.
2. I’m having a love/hate relationship with the weather lately. It’s either so hot that I can’t breathe or so grey and dull that my mood drops. My new copper fan has been a bit of a life saver though – I shared it in my homeware haul earlier this month which you can read here.
3. I’ve been getting up earlier in the morning and trying to fit in my workout at the beginning of the day. This is something I never thought I would be doing in a million years. I’m the sort of girl that finds it incredibly difficult to find motivation for working out, let alone waking up early for it! But so far, it’s a refreshing change, and there are definitely tips and tricks to make it easier. Once it becomes a habit, I’m sure I’ll love it even more.
4. I placed an order for Fleur’s new book, The Luxe Life, and I can’t wait until it arrives. I ordered a signed edition which makes it just that extra bit more special – and of course I’m planning to do a book review early next month. From what I’ve seen, it looks totally up my street!
5. I’ve done a lot of shopping in the sales that have been cropping up lately, from Zara to Accessorize to Topshop. I love all my new finds but I don’t know whether to do a haul post or not because a lot of the things are low stock if not gone already, so I wouldn’t be able to link them for you. Let me know if you’d like to see them anyway though.
What have you been up to lately?
I’d love to know, so please tell me in the comments!