One of my goals last month was to start experimenting more in the kitchen, and I’ve definitely been trying my best to stick to it! I love discovering easy, simple-to-make, healthy recipes and I think I’ve found a new favourite. There are lots of different variants of this recipe (I’ve actually substituted the mango for nectarine salsa as well in the past), but however you choose to make it, it’s usually delicious. They take about twenty minutes to make (aside from the two hours of marinating), so they’re super quick and easy to put together when you don’t have a lot of time. I like to prepare the marinade in the morning, and then assemble it all in the evening so that it’s all fresh.
You will need:
Filling: 2lbs of chicken breast, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 lime, salt
Salsa: 1 ripe mango, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 bell pepper, handful of olives, 1/4 lime, salt
Chilli Cream: 5 tbsp sour cream, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp sriracha sauce, 1 spring onion
Extras: 4 white tortilla wraps, salt & pepper, fresh coriander
1. Make sure that the chicken is well rinsed and patted dry with some kitchen towel. Slice the chicken into strips and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, grate the rind of half a lime. Then squeeze the juice of that half into the same bowl. Mix all the rest of the ingredients for the filling together with the lime except for the chicken.
3. Once well combined, add the chicken and allow it to marinate for at least two hours. Make sure all of the chicken is well coated with the marinade.
4. Whilst the chicken is marinating, prepare the mango salsa and chilli cream. For the salsa, chop both mangoes into equal sized cubes. Stir in the red onion, bell pepper, sliced olives , salt and a squeeze of lime juice. Garnish with the chopped coriander. For the chilli cream, stir the red chilli powder and sriracha sauce into the sour cream and chop in one spring onion.
5. Place a frying pan on medium-high heat and add a little olive oil and garlic. Shallow fry the chicken strips until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Assemble the wraps by layering the chicken strips along the center and topping with a generous helping of mango salsa and dollops of chilli cream. Garnish with the fresh coriander and extra seasoning.
Printable Version (linked).
Let me know if you try making these.
I’d love to see!