So if you’ve read any of my social media posts lately, you’ll know about the massive changes in my life. Things have been incredibly hectic lately, and sometimes I find myself wishing for a day to relax and not have a stress in the world. As I type this, I’m sitting in a gorgeous hotel room in Ottawa, whilst my husband finalizes the paperwork for our move to this city in September.
However, this week I also turn 22. I saw Jodie’s post last month after her birthday, and I thought it was such a lovely idea. In the post, she shared 22 lessons that she had learned over the past 22 years and I thought it would be interesting for me to do the same. So much has happened (particularly recently) that makes this such a great chance for reflection, and what better way to do that than share it on here?!
1. Know what makes you happy and do more of whatever that is.
2. Smile a lot. It brightens other people’s day as well as your own.
3. It’s a good thing to be inquisitive. Have lots of questions.
4. Learning how to be a morning person can really change your perspective on life.
5. Take care of your body.
6. Be aware of your surroundings. There’s so much to take in.
7. Take care of your mental health too. This is just as important as your physical self.
8. Being smart is a good thing.
9. Drink LOTS of water. The more, the better.
10. Exercise isn’t that bad once you get used to it.
11. A good pair of heels can be the best confidence boosters on a bad day.
12. Make time for your loved ones, no matter how busy life gets.
13. Write more. There’s nothing better than writing or receiving a handwritten note.
14. Plan important things in advance. Don’t leave it until the last minute.
15. Learning to drive is a game changer. It gives you so much freedom.
16. Be open-minded.
17. A good skincare regime is far more important than a good makeup regime.
18. Coffee is the perfect remedy for practically anything.
19. Life isn’t a race, so don’t treat it like one.
20. Getting a good nights sleep makes such a difference.
21. Be proud of your achievements.
22. Work as hard as you can with everything you set out to do.
I hope you’re all enjoying a lovely start to August!